Jacqui Brauman has spent time delving into the psychology of the ‘missing middle’ and understanding the barriers that prevent upwards of 80% of people from getting professional advice.
With the goal of creating a safe space for women to access legal services, Jacqui started Legally Wise Women, which she describes as an information and education hub, a community and a starting point for women who need advice. Reflecting on other businesses that have progressed or even been disrupted by automation and technology, Jacqui aims to keep the humanity in being a lawyer. She says it’s only a matter of time before something big happens in the legal industry and aims to be ahead of the game as much as possible with her law firm, TBA Law.
This episode is brought to you by The Prepared Company.
About Jacqui Brauman
As well as being the CEO of Legally Wise Women, Jacqui Brauman created her firm TBA Law in 2012, providing estate planning, family and property legal services to families in Melbourne and Regional Victoria. Jacqui is an accredited specialist in Wills and estates, and an award-winning lawyer. She is an NMAS mediator, a collaboratively trained dispute resolution practitioner and she has written and published four books.
Jacqui Brauman quotes
- “We’ve done a whole lot of work about our values so in our tagline we now say it [TBA Legal] stands for the better approach and we also say it stands for to be accountable, to be approachable and a couple of our other values…we’ve used the play on words a lot.”
- “I’ve thought a long time about how to create a safe place for women to land and get pointed in the right direction and learn a little bit about the legal industry so when they are actually going to hire someone they know what to look for and they don’t get taken down a path they don’t need to go on or just to show them a whole heap of alternatives…I don’t think Google is the best place to start.”
Are you ready to Do Law Differently?
If you’re serious about reshaping your firm, The Productise and Profit Program provides all the guidance and tools you need to improve your law firm.
Learn how to move from a traditional practice to a productised ecosystem and as a bonus, you might just get that quality lifestyle that you’ve been craving.
Sign up now at www.lucydickens.com.au/program
Bring your law firm into the 21st century with The Prepared Company
This episode is brought to you by The Prepared Company. The Prepared Company helps wills and estate lawyers by providing a secure white-label platform to manage and distribute their client’s digital records after they pass away. Passwords, cryptocurrency, photos, legal documents, and more – you can now provide a safe and secure way to pass your client’s data while also protecting their privacy. Mention the Doing Law Differently Podcast for 20% off your business subscription.
Like this show?
- Learn more about Doing Law Differently in my new book, It’s Time to Do Law Differently
- Please leave me a rating and review on Apple Podcasts – even one sentence helps other people to find out about the show!
- Never miss an episode – subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or Spotify
- If you’re doing law differently and want to share your insights on the podcast, get in touch here.
- Connect with me on LinkedIn