Happy new year!
I’m kick-starting 2020 with a solo episode with my reflections from 2019 and some thoughts to start you on the right track with 2020.
The two themes that come to mind when I reflect on 2019 are collaboration and customers.
1:46 Collaboration and the power of asking
3:02 Customers – The Age of the Customer and the key to business success
As for 2020, here are 3 mindset shifts to think about that will set you up for the year:
4:36 Sell solutions, not time
Client’s don’t want to buy legal services. What they really want, is the result that your services help them to achieve. They want the outcome.
6:35 Work hard once
Although we’re often described as a profession steeped in tradition and precedent, when it comes to knowledge management, we often let slip. We work with information, much of which is in our heads. What we don’t do so well is record that information in ways that let us use it time and time again.
8:40 Find your niche
It seems counter-intuitive to design services that appeal to a small, specialised section of the population, but a narrow focus on core business sustains profit and growth.
Got a question you’d like answered on the podcast? Get in touch here.
- Read my #ReflectThenElect post here
- Subscribe to Doing Law Differently on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or Spotify
- Discover how I can help you escape the billable hour, eliminate the grunt work and do more of the work you love with productised services
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Are you keen to share how you’re Doing Law Differently? Get in touch here.
Ready to simplify your business, escape the billable hour and do more of the work you love? Find out more about my coaching program Productise and Profit! or book a discovery call to learn how productised services can transform your business.