How often do you think about purpose? Not just your own, but your clients’ too?
Having a “purpose higher than profit” is top of the list of selection criteria for Sarah Bartholomeusz, founder of You Legal.
You Legal provide top-tier corporate and commercial legal solutions for medical and allied health professionals, manufacturing, and technology. They deliver services with a commercial approach, understanding that clients need more than just a legal answer to achieve their vision and goals. They choose only work with clients who have a purpose that is higher than profit – those who want to make a difference in the world.
As for their employees, You Legal staff have complete autonomy over their time and effort, choosing when and where they work. As a result, Sarah knows a thing or two about managing a remote and flexible workforce.
Here’s a summary of the things Sarah and I talk about on this week’s podcast:
2:05 What was the transformation that Sarah wanted to see when she founded You Legal?
4:23 Creating a flexible workplace culture across the world
7:10 Managing performance of a remote team
9:37 Key technology tools used to connect a remote team
12:21 Writing books and giving away information for free
13:51 Having a purpose higher than profit
14:47 Helping clients get to know us before they engage us
17:29 Sarah’s advice to those who want to do law differently – get clear on your values and purpose and get enough rest!
- Here are all the places you can find Sarah and You Legal: You Legal website, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Jeremy Watkins on sustainable performance
- Subscribe to Doing Law Differently on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or Spotify
- Discover how I can help you escape the billable hour, eliminate the grunt work and do more of the work you love with productised services
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Keen to share how you’re Doing Law Differently? Get in touch here.